Thermionic Culture Kite EQ
The Kite Two Channel Valve Equilizer with Attitude
The Thermionic Culture Kite Valve Stereo EQ is an all valve stereo Equalizer with Attitude. “We’ve had many requests for a version of our Fat Bustard without the summing facility, keeping the Attitude, eq, and of course the big fat sound. So The Kite was born.” – Vic Keary, M.D. & designer.
- HPF, Bass Cut and Lift, Top Shelf (a kind of Presence), Air and Attitude.
- All are indented pots for easy recll.
- The Kite has “semi floating” inputs and unbalanced outputs.
- A transformer balanced version in PURPLE will be available soon.
- All controls are stereo except O/P TRIM and are indented for easy recall;'
- HPF (High Pass Filter) operates at 20 & 40Hz with a 12dB/octave curve;
- BASS BOOST and BASS CUT both have 2 selectable operating frequencies,
which can be used together for a Mid Cut effect;
- TOP SHELF is a broad Mid/Top Lift, a little like a Presence control. Also has 2 frequencies.
- AIR boosts the higher Top and will give an amazing clear yet warm sound, only available with out valve products;
- ATTITUDE is our own switch that adds those special 2nd harmonics only possible with valves! ;
- OUTPUT TRIM - Separate controls to adjust finely the 2 channels, also -6dB switches;
- XLR connectors, "semi floating" inputs and unbalanced outputs are employed;
- A transformer balanced version is available to order, in Purple.
|Form Factor||2 RU|
|Number of Channels||2|