Focal Twin6 Be (Pair)
3-Way active studio monitor, dual 6.5" woofers, 1" beryllium inverted-dome tweeter, and 40Hz-40kHz frequency response
Specific tools for specific needs
A speaker that reveals
A tracking engineer needs to be able to capture the exact tone of the instrument he's recording with his microphones; he needs to discern the slightest shift in microphone position, EQ, or compression on his monitors.
A mixing engineer needs to be able to place various instruments and vocals in his mix with precision. The smallest details need to come out clearly on his monitors, i.e., reverbs and spaces, and they need to be reproduced at their proper levels without any artificial alteration of the soundstage.
A speaker that translates
The mixing engineer also needs to be able to make sure that his mix_sounds as good on other speaker systems in other environments. Usually, when a mix is done, the engineer will make a copy of it and go listen to it in a car or on a boom box, just to make sure that everything sounds the same everywhere. In essence, the engineer wants to make sure his mix translates well everywhere it gets listened to. A completely transparent speaker, that doesn't impart a "color" to the sound, is the best way to insure perfect mix translation.
Our Speakers reveal and translate better than others. Why?
Focal Professional Division designs its products from the ground up to fulfill the specific needs of professional sound engineers: to reproduce sound as naturally and precisely as possible. The truth, and nothing but the truth.
Our R&D labs have put all their knowledge and savy into action to combat any coloration or distortion that could appear throughout all areas of the speaker. Even the slightest coloration can hinder the integrity of the signal's reproduction. It's easy to understand how a self-vibrating speaker enclosure can blur the original signal, and the same goes for the drivers, the integrated amplifier, the padding, the finish, etc, etc. We scrutinize each of these elements with the same care to achieve our goal of absolute transparency.
- Frequency response: 40Hz - 40kHz
- Maximum SPL: 115dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input Type/Impedance: Electronically balanced / 10 kOhms
- Input Connector: XLR
- Input Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu ou -10dBV
- LF amplifier stage: 150W rms, BASH technology
- LF/MF amplifier stage: 150W rms, BASH technology
- HF amplifier stage: 100W rms, class AB
- Power supply - Mains voltage: 230V (1.6A fuse rating), 115V (3.15A fuse rating)
- Connection: IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- User controls: Input level switch, LF and HF contours (potentiometers), Power ON/OFF switch, mains voltage selector
- Indicator: Power on LED
- Woofer: "W" composite sandwich cone, Focal 6W4370B 6.5" drive unit
- High frequency: Focal TB871 Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Shielding: Integral through cancellation magnets or by magnet design
- Construction: 19mm MDF panels with internal braces
- Finish: Red
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 250mm x 500mm x 340mm (9.8" x 19.7" x 13.4")
- Weight: 14kg - (30.8 lb)
All specifications are subject to change.
|Number of Drivers||3|
|LF Driver Power Amp||150 W (LF), 150 W (Mid)|
|HF Driver Power Amp||100 W|