Focal Shape 65 (pair)
Single Monitor (Pair)
The reference of the line
Shape 65 is the reference of the Shape line. Although it’s dedicated to nearfield monitoring, this monitor enables extraordinary monitoring quality, in the lowest to the highest frequencies. Simply a must, this monitor will express its full potential from a listening distance of three feet away (1 metre).
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimized for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalization of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
The Unique Qualities of Flax
Flax cones are made of high-quality flax fibers core enclosed by two thin layers of glass fiber. They satisfy the key criteria of a high performance diaphragm : high internal damping, high velocity of sound and high flexural rigidity.
All these criteria cannot be met by a mono-material cone. Sandwich technology greatly influences the neutrality of the sound produced by the cone, something, which has always been Focal’s hallmark. The expertise gained from the sandwich technology of the Utopia and K2 Power ranges enabled Focal to develop a revolutionary flax-fiber cone conciliating the 3 criteria.
Flax is twice as light as fiberglass, because the fiber is hollow. It also has very low elasticity which makes it ideal to increase the flexural rigidity of a sandwich structure. Moreover, it can be obtained in non-woven bundles of considerable diameter and it can therefore produce the thickness required for a sandwich.
Composite materials have properties suitable for applications where both rigidity and low mass are required. However, their disadvantage is that they lack damping, which leads to very poor control of vibrations. Recent developments in this field combining composites and natural fibers have brought unexpected opportunities. Flax fiber has an excellent internal damping of the same order of magnitude
as the glass or Kevlar fibers or aluminum.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Automatic Standby after 30 min of no audio
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).
- Frequency Response: 40hz-35KHz
- Maximum SPL: 109 db SPL
- Inputs: RCA /XLR
- Amplifier: CLass AB - 80W, 25W
- Voltage: 200v/120v
- Hi Pass Filter: 45/60/90 Adjustable
- Bass EQ: Adjustable +/- 6db 0-250Hz
- Mid EQ: Adjustable +/- 3db 160Hz
- High EQ: Adjustable +/- 3db 4.5-35KHz
- Woofer: 6.5" Flax Cone
- Tweeter: 1" M Profile Aluminum-Magnesium
- Finish: Vinyl, Real Walnut with Black Painting
- Dimensions with feet: 14 x 8.6 x 11.2" (HxWxD)
- Weight: 28.2 lbs
|Connector(s) A||RCA, XLRf|
|Number of Drivers||2|
|LF Driver Power Amp||80 W|
|HF Driver Power Amp||25 W|