Lynx Hilo TB 3 (Thunderbolt 3)
Reference A/D D/A Converter System with Thunderbolt 3 Interface (Compatible with TB 1 & TB 2)
Reference A/D D/A Converter System with Thunderbolt 3 connectivity
Less than 1 ms roundtrip latency
The new Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System reengineers and redefines the concept and functionality of the two-channel converter. Essentially three units in one: A/D converter; D/A converter; and headphone amplifier, Hilo offers connectivity, performance and control never before available. Newly designed differential analog stages and bilinear converter topology provide industry-leading noise and distortion specifications and unprecedented transparency. Digital I/O is extremely versatile with support for AES/EBU, S/PDIF (via coax or optical) or ADAT. The Lynx LT-TB3 is standard, allowing additional Thunderbolt 1, 2,& 3 I/O and computer connectivity.
Hilo is also the first professional converter with touchscreen operation and monitoring. All controls and signal routing is set up using easy to use menus. The setup page shows two stereo input meters and three stereo output meters. Optional screens show two selectable meter sets and even old-style analog VU meters. Future screens (updatable in the FPGA via download) will include further metering options, diagnostic operations and personalization.
The internal 32 channel mixer allows any input to be routed to any output. In fact there are three stereo analog output options. Line Out that supports eight standard trim settings, Monitor Out with a volume control, and a Headphone output, also with a volume control. In fact the headphone output has its own dedicated D/A converter with the option of a different mix than the Line and Monitor outputs.
Pure Wave Audio is an Authorized Lynx dealer, so you have the assurance that your Hilo is fully covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
Key Features and Specifications
- Full-featured, ultra high performance A/D D/A converter
- 12 inputs and 16 outputs
- Control and monitoring via 480 x 272 LCD touchscreen
- Three in one pro-level unit: A/D converter; D/A converter; headphone amplifier
- Latest FPGA technology allows future enhancements and ability to use LCD technology for added metering, diagnostic, measurement functions
- Utilizes Lynx Studio Technology's proprietary SynchroLock technology to virtually eliminate jitter
- Analog, AES/EBU, S/PDIF (via coax or TOSLINK), ADAT, USB inputs and outputs
- Powered by standard 110-230V AC power or remotely with 9-18 volts DC, allowing the use of standard video battery packs or auto cigarette lighter connections.
- Ships with LT-TB 3
- Fully covered under Manufacturer Warranty
|Inputs/Outputs||ADAT Optical I/O, AES/EBU XLR, Analog XLR, S/PDIF Optical, S/PDIF RCA|
|Additional Inputs/Outputs||ADAT Optical I/O, AES/EBU XLR, S/PDIF RCA, TRS, Wordclock BNC, XLR|
|Max Sampling Rate||192KHz|
|Max Number of Channels||16|